California Wrongful Death Attorney
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligence or recklessness of another person or company, contact Humphrey & Rist for a California wrongful death attorney to discuss your case. Our office handles fatal accident cases throughout California and we have helped families who have lost a loved one to hold negligent parties accountable for their loss.
Physical, emotional and financial losses can be significant when the death of a family member occurs. Most fatality cases occur as the result of a significant accident. We handle fatal accident cases caused by the following:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Workplace Injuries
- Mining Accidents
- Manufacturing Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Aviation Accidents
- Food Poisoning
- Crime Victim Cases
Wrongful death cases can be pursued by surviving family members. Typically this is the spouse of the deceased or their children. Also, dependent stepchildren or dependent parents could file a wrongful death claim. Other family members could potentially have a wrongful death claim depending on who was alive at the time of death.
Getting Help with a Fatal Accident Case
Our office will help with every step of the process in working on a case. From identifying dependents who could file a claim to researching and filing cases against the entities that caused the fatal accident, our office will work tirelessly to represent the family and maximize their recovery.
Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
There are several areas of damages that can be sought in a wrongful death case. These include the following:
- Medical Bills – medical bills that accrue from transportation from an accident via ambulance or airlift, emergency room bills and hospital bills can quickly add up in a fatal accident case.
- Funeral Costs – funeral costs can also be recovered in a wrongful death case.
- Loss of Income – one of the larger components of a fatal accident case can be lost income for the deceased. This is especially true when the person who passed away was the breadwinner of the family.
- Loss of Consortium – Loss of companionship, love, affection and care can also be recovered.
- Punitive Damages – If the negligent party acted willfully or with extreme disregard sometimes punitive damages can be recovered.
Help from Experienced California Wrongful Death Attorneys
Our office has helped a number of families with serious fatality cases. In every wrongful death case we have handled our goal is to maximize the recovery for the family and to hold the negligent party or parties accountable. We pride ourselves on standing up for people who have been wronged and we do not back down from a fight.
No Fee Unless We Win | Humphrey & Rist
We never charge a fee to speak to a potential client about a fatality case. All wrongful death cases are handled on a contingency fee basis, which means there is no fee unless your case is settled or won at trial.
For more information or to speak to a wrongful death attorney about your case, contact us at (805) 618-2924. With offices in Santa Barbara and San Diego, we handle wrongful death and fatality cases throughout California.